Big Hit's NEW AUDITION Show - MNET I-LAND!! > Hallyu Wave

사이트 내 전체검색
search

Everything K-POP in Singapore

Hallyu Wave K-Pop List

Big Hit's NEW AUDITION Show - MNET I-LAND!!

• Type  Informative
  • Author   KORDOTSIN
  • Date20-06-25 14:01
  • views  6,322
  • comment  1

Main text

20200625135534_98a2d1cfe7eaa4330845625cdbe92379_mqt3.jpg

Big Hit's NEW AUDITION Show - MNET I-LAND!!

Cable channel Mnet promised Wednesday to be fair in picking winners for its new audition program "I-LAND," made with Big Hit Entertainment that represents K-pop titan BTS.

Mnet has been mired in a vote-fixing scandal since last year after Ahn Joon-young ― the director of all four seasons of popular audition show "Produce 101" ― was accused of manipulating results in favor of certain contestants. Ahn was given a two-year prison term and fined 37 million won ($30,000) at his first trial in May.

"We have endeavored to ensure impartiality this time by deciding to conduct the vote on external platform Weverse," Mnet official Jung Hyung-jin said during an online press conference. Weverse is an online/mobile fan community launched by Big Hit.

"We will also invite outside observers, who will keep their eyes on the vote counting," Jung said.

I-LAND is a competition show for 23 male idol trainees who are training at Belift Lab, a joint venture established last March by Big Hit and Mnet's operator CJ ENM. The contenders will vie to debut as a K-pop boy band under Belift. Big Hit's founder and chairman Bang Si-hyuk will work as a producer for the group.

20200625135903_98a2d1cfe7eaa4330845625cdbe92379_j39t.jpg

The I-LAND participants 

The trainees will spend 113 days in a colossal oval-shaped building specifically constructed for the program. The three-story edifice offers a stage, bedrooms and a living room, among others, to provide contestants the space to prepare for the competition. Unlike other audition shows, I-LAND will have its own "worldview" and center on storytelling.

"I have been producing singers for more than 20 years, but this is my first time featuring in a program like this," Bang Si-hyuk, who serves as general producer for the show, said. "It is not merely about competition and accomplishing the missions ― the participants have to make choices on their own and seek ways for self-development. I will give my help to them."

The mastermind behind BTS also disclosed how he would evaluate the trainees.

20200625140140_98a2d1cfe7eaa4330845625cdbe92379_voq9.jpg

"I am planning to assess them based on three criteria," he said. "First, I would see how much contribution a trainee makes to his group and also check whether he is a self-starter or not. Lastly, I will look for those with potential."

But further details ― such as the number of final winners and the exact selection process ― have been kept under wraps.

I-LAND will premiere on June 26 (KST). Singer-actor Rain, also known as Jung Ji-hoon, and rapper-cum-producer Zico appear as producers/judges.

What do you think of I-LAND? Will you be watching it? Let us know in the comments below!

facebook kakaostory band Copy URL

• ruffles
  • i am a little bit tired of audition survival shows nowadays but if Hitman Bang is involved it should be a good one!!