News Get the latest updates on everything here at KORdotSIN

List

[COVID-19] Korea got total 204 confirmed cases

• Author   KORDOTSIN
  • Date20-02-21 18:54
  • Views  2,522
  • Reply  0

Main text

A disinfection worker wearing protective gear sprays antiseptic solution at a subway station in Seoul on Friday. South Korea reported 52 new cases of the coronavirus bringing its total number of infections to 156. (Chung Sung-Jun/AFP/Getty Images)

Korea, which was quieter than other countries, ended up with coronal virus alert. Fifty-two people were added on the morning of the 21st, and 48 more were identified by the afternoon, bringing the number of new patients to 100 on the same day alone. This brings the total number of domestic confirmed cases to 204 people.

According to the quarantine task force, 42 out of the 48 newly confirmed people came from Daegu. All of them are related to the Daegu Shincheonji Church. The church is where the 31st patient, identified earlier on Wednesday, was visited, and quarantine authorities have so far cited as a super spreader.

However, the public is becoming more anxious as hearing the news that believers in Shincheonji are not actively cooperating with epidemiological investigations.

According to an interview with Shincheonji believers, "The reason ShinCheonji followers are now avoiding contact with health authorities and inspections is because they are afraid to let people know that they are Shincheonji believer". They also added that, "Even if I have some symptoms, I won't report and stay at home because I’m afraid of people’s eye."

Also, the church in Daegu, Shincheonji, ordered the church ordered members to conduct missionary work instead of closing the church on the 18th. In other words, street passers-by who are not related to Sincheon-ji may have been infected.

As these things continue, not only Daegu citizens but also citizens outside Daegu are anxious about the spread of the Corona virus

facebook kakaostory band Copy URL

There are no comments to show.