7 Best RAMENS According To Koreans!! > Lounge

사이트 내 전체검색
search

Lounge Meet new friends List

공지 | 7 Best RAMENS According To Koreans!!

• Category  Froum
  • Type  Informative
  • Author   KORDOTSIN
  • Date20-06-15 17:37
  • views  5,089
  • comment  0

Main text

20200615173720_15ba1fe7b54c860bba469134c533e439_w8az.jpg

It's 2am, and disaster strikes : You're absolutely starving! Good thing you read our guide to the BEST Korean ramens and instant noodles (vetted by a real Korean)! You can thank us for saving your belly later!

You might be familiar with the more popular brands, but there are a world of options for Korean instant noodles! Today, we would like to introduce 7 of the best to make your next trip to the supermarket ramen section a better one.

Let's get it!

1. Shin Black 

20200615164914_15ba1fe7b54c860bba469134c533e439_2oqk.jpg

We can't start a list of the best Korean ramen without mentioning Shin Ramen - a true Korean classic and mainstay of college students and office workers alike.

With its namesake coming from the Chinese character 'Shin' (辛 meaning spicy, which you can see in its iconic packaging), it kickstarted the trend of spicy Korean noodles, and is the godfather of the Korean instant ramen industry.

Nowadays, it is the most popular instant noodle brand in South Korea (accounting for 1/4 of the instant noodle market) and is one of the top brands in Korea based on brand awareness.

Our recommendation? Shin Black, a 'premium' version of the original Shin Ramen that promises more ingredients and a richer taste. With an additional seolleongtang flavour, we can't help but go for seconds!

손흥민 “국가대표 라면만 먹어요”… 신라면 광고 공개 - Brand Brief ...

Fun fact : Shin Ramen is marketed with the phrase “사나이 울리는 신라면 ." In English, it basically means "Shin Ramyun can make a man cry." Way to make a statement!

2. Yeul Ramen

20200615170441_15ba1fe7b54c860bba469134c533e439_jys2.png

A beef-flavored ramen from Ottogi, one of the biggest food companies in Korea, Yeul Ramen offers a hearty beef broth with chunks of mushroom. If you like spice in your ramen, Yeul (열) translates to 'Heat', so you know that you'll be in for a good time. A popular choice for Koreans, it certainly deserves a spot on our list of the best Korean instant ramens!

3. Neoguri

20200615170554_15ba1fe7b54c860bba469134c533e439_ypt6.png

Another immensly popular offering from Nongshim (makers of Shin Ramen), you might be surprised to know that Neoguri came before Shin Ramen! It is well known in Korea for its unique thick noodles and its spicy seafood flavour, which makes for an extremely satisfying meal in the winter time. Not to fret though, simply turn up your air conditioner to get the same effect (kind of)!

Fun Fact : In the film 'Parasite', one of the characters prepares a dish called Chapaguri (짜파구리), a combination of Neoguri with a jajangmyeon-based noodle, Chapagetti.

4. Chapagetti

Overseas sales of Nongshim Chapagetti rise sharply on “Parasite ...

Speaking of Chapagetti, that is our next recommendation for the best Korean instant noodle! Introduced 2 years before Shin Ramen by Nongshim (they have quite the monopoly on good instant noodles), 

Chapagetti is the first instant noodle product to resemble jajangmyeon in South Korea! It is also the second highest-selling brand of instant noodles in South Korea.

If you're wondering how the noodles got its namesake, it is actually a combination of the words jajangmyeon/chajangmyeon and spaghetti!

5. Paldo Bibimyeon

팔도 비빔면 Korea Paldo Bibimmyeon Ramyeon Ramen 5×130g | Shopee ...

They have a catchy jingle, and they're endorsed by Park Eunbin - what's not to love? Have a look at the video below and just tell me that you're not hungry to try some!

6. Kal Guk Soo

20200615172326_15ba1fe7b54c860bba469134c533e439_8bz0.png

Why, if it isn't our old friends Nongshim with yet another entry on this list. This time, they've managed to capture the taste of authentic Kal Guk Soo noodles in an instant noodle! Someone has to give their R&D department a raise because they are certainly knocking it out of the park with their flavours!

A refreshing and clean soup broth, topped with anchovies and vegetables such as zucchini brings out the original flavor of clean and refreshing Kal Guk Soo! It's indeed one of the best Korean ramens, and one of the most authentic to boot!

7. Jin Ramen

Instant Jin Ramen Spicy | Malkop

Lastly, my personal favourite, Jin Ramen! I fondly remember having a cup of Jin Ramen at a convenience store in Korea at the dead of night with my friends - and I couldn't help but think that it would be the most 'authentic Korean experience' one could have to feel like a Korean college student/K-Pop idol trainee! 

I highly recommend trying Jin Ramen out, as it has (in my biased opinion) the perfect blend of spice, al dente noodles and broth! You wouldn't be disappointed, and you'll definitely feel like you're in Korea.

That's our list of the 7 BEST Instant Ramens according to Koreans! Let us know if your favourite isn't on this list!

If you would like to read another Korean Guide, click here!

facebook kakaostory band Copy URL

There are no comments to show